August 2013 -
Tring -Tring -Tring....!!
Suddenly my cell phone started ringing and what I saw was that an unknown
number was visible on my phone screen. I
thought to ignore the call and sleep again on my bed. Then I don’t know, what came in my mind that I picked up the
call and a sweet voice of a girl came from the other side. She started speaking
in English. She told me that I was having an interview with her after two days.
She asked me to check my mail id for the rest of the interview details. When I
came back in my senses from snooze, i was astonished that it was a call from a
big multinational company in Bangalore. As i had completed MBA from JNU Delhi,
so i was flooded with job offers from various companies. Now, when driven by various thoughts, I got down to prepare for
my interview as i had no preparations for this interview. I laid on my back
with a peaceful mind, closed
eyes and scattered thoughts.
Then I opened my laptop and
accessed the IRCTC website through internet for the train reservation because i
was worried about the seat reservation in Indian railway. Sometimes it may have
large number of seats in waiting but thank God, that finally i got reservation
in the train, so i was feeling happy about the seat in the train.
Then i took out my bag and
started doing packing for my journey to Bangalore for my interview. In that bag i put two shirts, pants and one
night dress for the train as i was going to do long hour’s journey to
Bangalore.
On that same evening i left for the railway
station from my hostel. Within half an hour i reached New Delhi railway station
through metro. While i was coming out of the metro what i saw that there was a
huge crowd of girls on the token counter of metro station. I had always wished
to have a girlfriend.
Thereafter i reached New Delhi
railway station and i started waiting for the train. There was still half an
hour left for my train to arrive. So i
bought a cup of coffee from the coffee shop of Indian railway. At that time i
was thinking that a beautiful girl should sit beside me. Then I went to the
place where railway reservation check list was affixed, where I saw a girl who
was extremely gorgeous, but she did not notice me. Suddenly I heard an announcement about the
arrival of my train. Eventually my train reached on the platform. I entered my
coach, found my seat. I saw that the same girl was sitting in my front seat.
Then i started thinking how to talk to her. Suddenly she asked me to buy a book
from the platform shopkeeper through the train window. I did it for her. But
when I heard the name of book, I felt that it was a kind of sad love story.


At that time my train started
departing from New Delhi railway station.
I told her that i had read that
book once when i was studying in the college. It was a sad love story about a
girl and guy, when they got separated from each other, the boy died. I asked
her if I was right. She replied in a very light and painful voice,” Yes, you
are right.” and suddenly a tear came in her eyes. Thereafter i said, “Can i ask
why you are crying? Is everything fine?” And she replied me,” yeah i am alright
(trying to remove her tears from her hanky).”
I became emotional and as I was excited to
know her story. I kept my hand on her shoulder. I said.” you can tell me your
story as a friend and don’t worry you
can trust me. Why are you crying, what’s
your mistake yaar...!!
And she said,” my mistake is
that I am a “GIRL”.
I replied,” what? “She said,”
yes I am a “GIRL”. “
I said,” I forgot to introduce
myself that I am shaurya from Delhi, and she said,” my name is NITIKA and i am from kota Rajsthan. I have
run away from my home, parents and family for someone whom i lost due to my
mother’s choice. “
Then an analysis started in my
mind that what kind of pain she was suffering from. I couldn’t even imagine
that what pain she had in her heart. She
was crying a lot or like a mad.
She said,” shaurya, i am in
love with a guy who is from another religion, with whom i had a best
relationship ever since last two years but we can’t be with each other, with that guy i spent a memorable
time of my life and we talked with each other a lot in last two years, even
sometimes i can’t go out to meet him from my house because “BETI” hu na “DAHLEEZ” ke bahar per rakh dungi to badnamee ho jayegi. About this matter i spoke to my mother but she
said he is from other cast or gotra so i can’t get married with him because of stupid cultural
differences. We got separated and my mom fixed my marriage forcefully with
someone else and after few days of my engagement. One day i was talking to my
fiancé and for my better future I told everything to him about my past. After
listening to my story, my fiancé broke the engagement and he left for abroad.
Now you tell me shaurya being a girl or daughter I played a good role but my
mom made my life hell. In both conditions I lost my faith or trust in myself,
to whom I should trust, i am asking you, shaurya, whether i should have faith
in my mom or that guy with whom I got engaged which was fixed by my mom and
family. I realized being a girl or daughter i can’t even take my own decisions. So last day i took
the single decision in my life and I left my home and parents and now i am in
this train.
Then i said,” she is your mom
definitely she thought about your better future aisa nai hai ki tum ladki
ho..!” And she interrupted me. She said,” tum ladke ho Na tumhare liye
sab aasaan hai and you people keep all responsibilities on a girl’s
shoulders. When i heard these words a tear came in my eyes. (She was still
crying) For a single moment my heart said that might be she is right yaar that
hum ladke hai.
For the next moment i felt that
there was no one except her to fall in love with and a voice came from the
bottom of my heart that she was the perfect one for me, for whom I was looking
for.
I replied her,” NITIKA please
stop crying and try to come out from your past and forget it, as if it was a
bed dream but she couldn’t stop crying.” Kaash mai uske liye kuch kar pata” but
i could not do anything and she kept crying in front of me because all things
were in the hand of her cruel mother. Again i said,” NITIKA please stop crying
“because tears were not looking good in her beautiful eyes and she told me, i
don’t cry and i said what it is? Is this a broken
star from sky or a diamond in the hand of diamond merchant?”Then a pretty smile
came on her beautiful lips.
I tried to make her understand
that she must go back to her home or parents because they will be worried about
her and on the next station she left the train and she went back to her
parents. She left the train but she made an important place in my heart
somewhere and I can say that i fell in love with her. I cried for something which was still missing
in my life.
After listening to her story, I realized our
country has developed but our women are still backward. A girl cannot even make her own decisions
since her birth to death coz sometimes she does not want ruin the name of her
parents just like a boy does not want to ruin the name of his family. Sometimes
due to the old traditional rule of the Indian Society, sometimes due to the
people, who are having low class thinking, she can’t take even a single breath without other's
Permission, kyoki agr WO dahleez ke bahar per rakh de to badnamee ho
jayegi…!! And now we people are saying that we are living in modern India.
Why it is still happening in India or with a girl. A girl who is sacrificing on
every step with her dreams and wishes for us or for a men...!!!

Comments